I’m a big believer that strangers are just friends we haven’t met yet – so thanks for stopping by, getting to know me a little better, and spending some time in my world.
I’d love to get to know you so please reach out if ever there are opportunities for us to collaborate, connect, scheme, or dream – my favorite activities.
I’M A DESIGNER, DABBLER, DAY-DREAMER, & DOODLER.
I’ve spent the past 15 years leading experiential learning initiatives in the education sector and have since made a career shift to advance Whole Brain® Thinking to solve real-world workplace challenges and build talent intelligence everywhere from startups to Fortune 100 companies.
Formerly the Director of Experiential Learning at Dartmouth College, I now serve as Herrmann’s Head of Content using digital media and storytelling to actively engage Whole Brain® Managers and Teams. To me, content is experiential.
A lifelong learner to the extreme and a dabbler at heart, I’m a sucker for a good extra-curricular and will jump at any chance to level-up skills in areas like floral arranging, basket weaving, Zumba, and succulent gardening – all things I’ve tried in the past year.
Based in the Chicago area, I also completed a Foundations of Improv course – a core requirement for anyone who hails from the Second City.
I’m a regular at book club and even though I likely didn’t finish the reading, my husband is a wildly talented chef, so I’ll always bring an epic charcuterie board to share.
Most important of all, I’m a proud dog mama to our two rescue pups, Spud and Sprout, 2-year-old littermates who will probably make an uninvited appearance if we connect on screen.
- Head of Content at Herrmann
- an evangelist, or spreader of good news about cool stuff
- a “grownup” Montessori school kid
- an alum of Laugh Out Loud theater’s Foundations of Improv class
- a poster-girl for the ENFP personality type
- a former waitress/bartender/craft brewery tour guide
- a recovering academic: PhDropout turned PhDIYer
- a Whole Brain® Thinker (3211) & HBDI® Certified Practitioner
- a proud dog mama to 2 rescue pups
- deeply passionate about issues of equity and justice
- still not sure what I want to be if/when I grow up
- a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan – and thereby, an eternal optimist
Stuff I geek out over:
- re-imagining education
- close-up street magic
- building Legos
- traveling and collecting a new deck of playing cards on every trip
- really good or really bad stand-up comedy
- theme parties or costumed events of any kind
- sending/receiving handwritten greeting cards
- fresh-cut flowers from the farmer’s market
- true stories that are stranger than fiction
Big kid jobs
Head of Content
(2022 – Present)
Leading a team of content creators in the process of designing, creating, sharing, and evaluating engaging content to drive Whole Brain® Thinking application for managers and teams.
(2021 – 2022)
Created resources, tools, and programming to drive usage and engagement on Herrmann’s Whole Brain® Thinking platform.
Uncharted Learning, NFP
Director of Programs
(2018 – 2021)
Led the charge to design experiential, high-impact, entrepreneurship education programs to prepare the next generation for an increasingly complex, rapidly changing world and workforce.
Dartmouth Center for the Advancement of Learning (DCAL)
Associate Director, Experiential Learning
(2015 – 2018)
Directed academic and co-curricular efforts to integrate applied, reflective, immersive learning experiences as a core element of the Dartmouth experience.
- Experiential Learning at Dartmouth
- Looking Back, Looking Forward: Dartmouth’s Experiential Learning Initiative
- Dartmouth Experiential Learning and Teaching Adventure (DELTA) Summit
(2013 – 2015)
Partnered with faculty across a wide range of academic disciplines to design innovative digital and experiential learning experiences for students.
Loyola University Chicago, Center for Experiential Learning
ePortfolio Program Manager
(2011 – 2013)
Developed and implemented a four-year digital portfolio model for student learning, reflection, meaning-making, and integrative learning.
Alfred State College
Founding Director of Civic Engagement & Student Leadership Programs
(2010 – 2011)
Launched a new department – now a center – designed to promote campus-community engagement, student leadership development, and project-based learning.