Wow, how wonderful of you to stop by!
A big, wholehearted thanks for getting to know me better and spending some time in my world. Feel free to reach out if ever there are opportunities for us to collaborate, connect, scheme, or dream – my favorite activities.
Things I geek out over include:
- re-imagining K-12 and higher education,
- experiential learning,
- entrepreneurial mindset,
- flexible thinking,
- making new friends,
- throwing theme parties,
- sending/receiving handwritten cards and letters,
- pulling pranks,
- close-up magic,
- inter-species animal friendships,
- wildflower gardening, and
- true stories that are stranger than fiction.
I’m a dabbler, day-dreamer, & DIY-er. I’m also….
- a recovering Montessori school kid,
- an edupreneur (educator/entrepreneur hybrid),
- a startup founder of Great Full Plate in-home chef service,
- on the non-profit board for Telling My Story,
- an alum of Laugh Out Loud theater’s Foundations of Improv class,
- a hardcore ENFP,
- a former waitress/bartender/craft brewery tour guide,
- a PhDropout turned PhDIYer,
- a Whole Brain® Thinker (3211) & HBDI® Certified Practitioner,
- deeply passionate about issues of equity and justice,
- still not sure what I want to be if/when I grow up,
- a lifelong Chicago Cubs fan – and thereby, an eternal optimist.
“The Someday File” is where I come to connect dots between experiences, explore wild ideas, share whatever I learn along the way, and make someday happen today.
When not working a full-time gig in education, I like to do little things to make people’s days, create memories that turn into epic stories, use my imagination, act my shoe size, laugh, have little adventures, and try to be a better version of myself than I was yesterday.
- Experiential Learning at Dartmouth
- Looking Back, Looking Forward: Dartmouth’s Experiential Learning Initiative
- Dartmouth Experiential Learning and Teaching Adventure (DELTA) Summit
ePortfolio Program Manager – Loyola University Chicago, Center for Experiential Learning
(2011 – 2013)
Developed and implemented a four-year digital portfolio model for student learning, reflection, meaning-making, and integrative learning.
Founding Director of Civic Engagement & Student Leadership Programs – Alfred State College
(2010 – 2011)
Launched a new department – now a center – designed to promote campus-community engagement, student leadership development, and project-based learning.